Moulding the Flexible Links
If your flexible links are already pre-moulded, then you don't have to do this step.
To mould the flexible links, you will need the hub
pieces. You will also need whatever material you are moulding with. We prefer Sugru
1. Apply some dish soap to both sides of the mould, as this will serve as a release agent. Do NOT put it on the hubs, as we need the material to stick to those!
2. Pack in the material onto the hubs. Make sure the holes are covered thoroughly
3. Cover the bottom area of the mould with the material
4. Place the hubs into each end of the mould, with the larger circle 'stopper' facing outwards (it can't fit in the mould the other way)
5. Add some material to the top half of the mould
6. SQUISH! Align the nubs of the moulds, and squish them together. Excess material will come out of the edges, be sure to press the hubs inwards
7. Removing the moulded link- with Sugru, this can be done a lot more easily than with Oogoo
Alternatively, you can leave the Oogoo to set in the mould overnight, and remove it later.
8. Repeat- until you are out of hubs ;)
And that's it! In the future, if you are interested in modifying the flexible links and trying your own design at it, take a look at our tutorial about how we made the links